Thursday, February 5, 2009

We Know God's Truth: Jesus Christ

We Know God's Truth: Jesus Christ
by Rick Warren
Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (NLT)
*** *** *** ***
The Bible says that Jesus was full of grace and truth. Truth is not a principle. Truth is a person; truth is Jesus Christ.
One of the clearest and best-known statements by Jesus is: I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me (John 14:6 NLT).
Notice Jesus says, I am the truth . He doesn't say truth is a religion, or a ritual, or a set of rules and regulations. He says I. Truth is a person.
This is what separates Jesus Christ from every other leader of every other faith. Other leaders have said, Im looking for the truth or I'm teaching the truth or I point to the truth or I'm a prophet of truth. Jesus comes and says, I am the truth.
A lot of people say, I think Jesus was just a great teacher. But he couldn't be just that: No great teacher would claim to be God if he wasn't. Either Jesus is conning 2.3 billion people who believe a lie, or he was nuts, or Jesus is who he said he was.
Everybody's betting their life on something. I'm betting my life that Jesus is who he said he was.
Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him! (John 14:6-7 NLT).
What do you do with the truth once you've discovered it? Four things:
1. Believe the truth!
2. Do the truth. Truth is not just an intellectual exercise; it's something you obey.
3. Stand for the truth. The Bible tells us our responsibility is to never oppose the truth but to stand for it at all times.
4. Spread the truth. The Bible says, Let everything you do reflect your love of the truth and the fact that you were in dead earnest about it (Titus 2:7 LB).

3 comments:

  1. ((Ceedie))

    First of all, great devotional, sis.

    And, wow! My heart was filled with joy when I say your name on my blog list! We go back a long way, don't we? I can still remember talking to you on the phone, crying when I first learned about my son's diagnosis of autism, and you calming me down...comforting me.

    That's what we do. As sisters in Christ, we uphold and uplift each other up to Christ, in all things, at all times.

    I love ya sis, and I'm proud to be following your blog.

    dove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be by later to read. Just getting the daycare children their snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great devotional..kiddies are sleeping so I have time now to go to blogs..lol

    ReplyDelete